Northwest Montana Rafting
The pristine lakes and rivers of Montana's Flathead Valley offer a virtual feast of fish and a wealth of water. Designated a federal “Wild and Scenic River” corridor, the three forks of the Flathead River provide the extraordinary fly-fishing that make the sport and Montana rivers famous, as well as whitewater worthy of Hollywood's production of "The River Wild."
Whitewater rafting adventures vary from a half-day to overnight adventures lasting several days. Experienced and novice rafters can find the rafting experience they are looking for on the beautiful and scenic rivers of the Flathead Valley. Some rafting companies also provide guided fly-fishing trips with the most experienced guides in the area. The rafting and fishing guides delight in sharing their knowledge and love of this beautiful area, and do so with a large dose of good old-fashioned Montana hospitality.
Rafting trips can include hiking and backpacking adventures into Glacier National Park or trips on the Middle Fork and North Fork of the Flathead River. Family whitewater adventures using self-bailing rafts are guaranteed to be safe and comfortable. Life jackets, wet suits, water booties, and rain gear are provided on most rafting trips. Some package prices can include meals depending on length of trip. These wild and scenic rivers form the borders of Glacier National Park, which is often referred to as "the Crown of the Continent." Rafting gives a whole new perspective on the beauty of northwest Montana that can’t be seen any other way.
If you are looking for a unique travel experience, one with just the right mix of challenge, excitement, exploration and discovery, whitewater rafting is just the ticket. Rafting trips can be two different styles: paddle or oar. In an oar boat, you can sit back, relax and take in all the scenery. If you want to take part in the action, then paddle rafting is for you.
Rafting related businesses
- Glacier Guides and Montana Raft Co - For over 30 years we've offered family friendly adventures. Whether it is whitewater rafting,...MORE INFO
- Glacier Raft Company - As the oldest rafting company in Montana, we've specialized in family whitewater adventures on the...MORE INFO
- Great Northern Whitewater - At Great Northern Whitewater, located just a mile from the West Glacier entrance to Glacier...MORE INFO
- Northern Rockies Outfitters - In addition to guided fly fishing trips, we offer full service float trips, hiking and horseback...MORE INFO
- Wild River Adventures - Since 1985 we have been outfitting whitewater rafting and guided fishing trips on the Middle Fork...MORE INFO