Past and present blend perfectly in Kalispell, MT the hub of Montana’s Flathead Valley. Located at the junction of U.S. Highway 93 and U.S. 2, Kalispell, the county seat of Flathead County, is Montana’s seventh largest city and the largest town for 110 miles. Greater Kalispell’s population in 2005 was an estimated 34,000 people, with over 82,000 in Flathead County.
Founded in 1891, Kalispell is now a bustling small city and home to much history, culture, commercial activity and outdoor recreation. With its Old West charm, breathtaking scenery, welcoming community, casual lifestyle and exceptional outdoor recreation opportunities, it is no wonder that Kalispell was named "The Best Mountain Town in America" by Mountain Sports and Living magazine.
Art and culture are everywhere in Kalispell. Huckleberry, a 2,000-pound carved bear, greets visitors at the corner of Main and Center Streets, and murals grace historic buildings. Studios, galleries, art festivals and cultural events abound all over town. As the cultural center of the Flathead Valley, Kalispell is home to the Conrad Mansion Museum, the Museum at Central School, and the Hockaday Museum of Art. Kalispell hosts the Glacier Jazz Stampede each October, and the city sponsors a Picnic in the Park summer concert series in Depot Park. The Glacier Symphony and Chorale performs in Kalispell and throughout the Flathead Valley.
For shopping and services, Kalispell has it all: everything from a quaint historic downtown district with unique local shops, cafes, and fine dining, to major national retailers, banks and services throughout the city.
Kalispell is centrally located to the Flathead Valley's many recreation attractions:
- 31 miles from Glacier National Park
- 22 miles from Hungry Horse Dam
- 17 miles from Whitefish and 23 miles from Whitefish Mountain Resort
- 9 miles north of Flathead Lake, the largest natural freshwater lake west of the Mississippi
But you’ll have many opportunities to experience nature right in Kalispell. Plenty of open space and recreation opportunities can be found in the city’s 20-plus parks. The 38-acre Woodland Park is a year-round family favorite, offering a rose garden, rustic log gazebos, a log pavilion, picnic areas, two miles of walking trails, a water park, swimming pool, skate board park, hockey rink and a large pond for winter skating. Lawrence Park, next door to the 27-hole Buffalo Hill Golf Course where town founder Charles Conrad once grazed his buffalo herd, offers walking trails, picnic areas, open playing fields and playgrounds.
Historical Kalispell Walking Tour
Featured Kalispell related businesses
- Artemis Acres Paint Horse Ranch - Artemis Acres Guest Ranch is a Western lodging and horseback riding facility nestled in the...MORE INFO
- Avis Rent a Car - Avis makes it easier to travel the roads of Montana. We're located at the Glacier International...MORE INFO
- Best Western Plus Flathead Lake Inn & Suites - Centrally located near Flathead Lake, Bigfork, Kalispell and Lakeside, the Flathead Lake Inn &...MORE INFO
- Buffalo Hill Golf Club - Montana golf can best be experienced by golfing twenty-seven holes at Buffalo Hill. The beauty and...MORE INFO
- Celebrate Event & Party Rental - At Celebrate Event & Party Rentals, every event is a big event. Whether it’s a 1,000...MORE INFO
- Flathead Beacon - The Flathead Beacon Weekly Newspaper: 13,000 copies are printed & distributed...MORE INFO
- Flathead National Forest - In the heart of the Rocky Mountains, west of the continental divide and just south of the...MORE INFO
- Flathead Travel Service - Flathead Travel Service is Montana's largest and most respected Full Service Travel Agency. Travel...MORE INFO
- Glacier Bank - ...MORE INFO
- Glacier Park International Airport - Glacier Park International Airport Airline Code: FCA Airport ID: GPI www.iflyglacier.com...MORE INFO
- Glacier Symphony and Chorale - Northwest Montana's award-winning symphony and chorale perform classical, holiday, and pops...MORE INFO
- Hockaday Museum of Art - The Hockaday Museum of Art is a fine arts museum, housed in a turn-of-the-century Carnegie Library...MORE INFO
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Kalispell - The hotel offers 30 2-room suites with wet bar, in addition to 81 standard rooms. With an upscale...MORE INFO
- Imagination Station Toys - Classic Toys you loved as a child. Toys that teach and toys that are just plain FUN! Games,...MORE INFO
- Kalispell Regional Healthcare - 310 Sunnyview Lane Kalispell, MT 59901 (406) 752-5111 Located in the heart of Northwestern...MORE INFO
- La Quinta Inn & Suites - Located in Kalispell, the hub of Montana's Flathead Valley, La Quinta Inn & Suites offers the...MORE INFO
- Mo Fisch Charters - Fishing charters on Flathead Lake and Lake Kookanusa....MORE INFO
- Motel 6 - All Motel 6 locations offer a list of outstanding hotel amenities; Kids Stay Free, Pets Welcome,...MORE INFO
- Museum at Central School - The Museum is housed in the historic Central School building, which first opened its doors in...MORE INFO
- My Montana Wedding - Association of vendors and venues in the wedding and event industry. One-stop shopping for...MORE INFO
- Northern Rockies Outfitters - In addition to guided fly fishing trips, we offer full service float trips, hiking and horseback...MORE INFO
- Summit Preparatory School - Summit Preparatory School is an accredited private non-profit therapeutic boarding school...MORE INFO
- The Outlaw Inn - The Outlaw Inn & Suites feature 230 beautifully appointed rooms of spacious comfort, located...MORE INFO
- Village Greens Golf Course - Village Greens Golf Club is home to some of the finest course conditions in the Flathead...MORE INFO
- Western Outdoor - Western Outdoor is a family clothing store offering boots, hats and clothing for the entirefamily. ...MORE INFO